Thursday 30 August 2018

Beautiful Brighstone

Well, I'm back in Brighstone again for an overnight stay and more dog-sitting. I have to say that I have completely fallen for this village; it is so peaceful in the cottage I stay in on the village outskirts, with more nature than you can shake a stick at just while you are having a cuppa in the garden. Gorgeous! Today I have seen a wren almost within touching distance, blue tits, pigeons, buzzards, wasps, at least three species of bumblebee and I'm hoping I'll see baby toads this evening (we were invaded last time!). Everyone that I have met in the village has been extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful too. 

After lunch I took the pooch for a walk, starting in Coombe Lane and wandering along the paths until we got back to the village centre, joining a large group of ramblers as we got there. We walked up towards the downs, then cut across a field following a path that gradually descended between walls of sandstone and earth, bordered with bracken and blackberries which came out on Upper Lane opposite the lane by the library. Very nice. Pooch found lots of things to sniff and had a thoroughly lovely time running about the lanes jumping at pigeons in the hedgerows.

In the evening I drove up to the car park at the top of Strawberry Lane and strolled up the down path while pooch ran after her tennis ball and explored. Glorious view from the top of the hill that I will forever adore.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.